WARN-ING

n. reading this blog may be hazardous to your complacency

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas: A Pagan Holiday?


random thoughts for today: why do you suppose when people have the knowledge and resources or are perhaps even reveled the truth, they choose not to accept?

recently, I have found myself thinking about the latter of - it might not make sense, because i just wrote:

even though I know that i might revel something that people will not agree with or people will actually be mad at me for, something in me just has to say it! since i have came home for the holidays, i find myself wanting to disrupt people's thinking of the world. ( i.e thanksgiving is a day of mourning, Christmas day is false worship, "i didn't vote - didn't want to choose the lesser of the evils"). but the thing is, that is how ideology works. it becomes a normative set of ideas and practices that validates our very being. thus, when you tell people the truth about thanksgiving and the truth about Christmas, they will shun you with disbelief. everything they stand for and believe in begins to make no sense, life masks the reality that we choose to ignore. many choose to perhaps even acknowledge the truth, yet deny the reality and indulge in false consciousness. i am constantly asking myself WHY? Why do people continue to accept what is false and wrong, when the truth lurks around the corner? People are hypocritical. I too, find myself having to 'forward' and 'reply' to text messages saying "Merry Christmas" and whatever, going along with the seasonal 'spirit.' 

it's soo scary though, once you start learning and reading. like everything you believe in and everything you have been taught, you learn, is wrong. so then u have to reevaluate who u are and your being. to know what's right is one thing, knowledge is power! but to do what's right is something else, that's courage. not too many people have courage.

my wish is for people to have courage. courage to step outside of their common knowledge and search for the hidden truth, and to not just stop there, but to continue to challenge their beliefs, and THEN to TELL OTHERS. i'm going to work on that too!

i just heard this song on the radio, as my mom astonishingly 'rapped' along:



What's the reality? I guess it's what you make of it - whatever keeps you warm at night.

No comments: