WARN-ING

n. reading this blog may be hazardous to your complacency

Friday, January 2, 2009

a New Year solution


My New Year's Resolutions

1. No Worrying in '09

in '08 i did a lot of worrying, believing that i had the right or even the power to determine my circumstances. but i realized that worrying did me no good and only heightened my anxiety for the matter. many people regard crime, sexuality, and violence as sin, yet do not consider worrying as a sin. to worry is a sin, for to worry is to not trust God. in '09 i plan on trusting God entirely and living faithfully:

Then Jesus said to his disciples: Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? 

Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

Luke 12:22-31
2. Be Happy

in '08 i chose not to be happy in ALL my circumstances. i realized that life is too short to worry about my shortcomings or the situations that i have been placed in. i learned that people who are close to you and the world around you can begin to posses the power in determining your happiness, but it is only through acknowledging the strength and power that we already have within, that true happiness can be experienced. in '09 i am determining my happiness:

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us."

Helen Keller

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”

Goal 4 '09

i want to become a Dj! I want to pursue Dj-ing as a serious hobby. they'll call me Dj ONE love. BET!

What's the reality?... "my imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from god as my successes and my talents, and i lay them both at his feet." mahatma ghandi

3 comments:

Dre' Leon said...

good new years resolutions...looking back i realized that although there were plenty of things to worry about, i didn't for one reason or another...

09' is gonna be an interesting year...hopefully we will both be able to up hold the "No Worrying" resolution...

another resolution for me this yr is to save $$$. I did an absolutely horrible job saving $$$ last year...i was well below what i projected...

09 here we come...lets get it!

R.A.L said...

Preach! This was an amazing post! Especially the Ghandi quote, you almost had me shouting. In 09, it's time for a new design. A new me and new experience in life!

8thlight said...

I really want to learn to DJ as well. I probably need to cop some turntables first. :-S

BTW, you've been tagged:

http://youneedpeaceofmindheresapieceofmine.blogspot.com/2008/12/blogger-album-project.html